Todays post is one of my favourites - Simplistic Quartz Necklace!! This DIY is quick and easy to do!! Best of all this DIY looks AMAZING!!!
At the Chanel ready to wear 2012/13 AW the runway was encrusted with crystals. Crystals on encrusting clutches, necklaces, bracelets and shoes. Who could not get inspired by this!?!? So what happens when you blend crystals and the strong sleek lines of simplicity?
What you’ll need:
- 1 Quartz spike (I got mine from a local market)
- 4 Leather clamps
- Faux leather thread
- 1 Toggle clasp
- 2 jump hoops
- Hot glue gun or craft glue
What you’ll need to do:
- Cut the faux leather thread into two 40cm pieces and one 30cm piece. Attach the leather clamps to before ends of the 40cm pieces. For extra security place a little dab of glue the fold to secure.
- Glue the ends of both 40cm faux leather thread to the quartz. Try to glue the pieces on either side of the quartz, this will enable the quartz to hang equally.
- Next wrap the 30cm piece of faux leather thread around the quartz to cover the leather clamps. Glue the faux leather thread down as you wrap. You will not have to glue it all down just here and there.
- Attached the a jump hoops to the free leather clamps. Before closing the jump hoops add the toggle clasp, then secure jump hoops.
Hope you like it!!