Todays DIY is very Flash Dance’, mind you it doesn’t involve any welding. But it does involve metal, lots of sleek sexy metal!
Heavy metal lover by Lady Gaga - “I want your whisky mouth all over my blonde south. Red wine, cheap perfume, and a filthy pout.”
What you’ll need:
- Aluminium flashing (comes in rolls 150mm wide, 10m long and 0.3mm thick)
- Measuring tape
- Metal cutters
- Right angle ruler
- Silver chain
- 2 Rod ends of a toggle clasp
- 2 jump hoops
- Measure your waist and add an extra 10cm for neatening and so forth. And then cut flashing to this length.
- Using the right angle ruler measure 2cm of the belts width and fold along the edge of the ruler. This should give you a nice even line.
- Hammer the edge you just folded. And repeat on the other raw edge.
- Place your right angle ruler in the middle of the belt, raw edges facing up and fold sides inward. This should hide your previous edges and meet in the middle of the width of the belt. And hammer!
What you’ll need to do continued:
- Measure 1cm from the end of the belt and fold rough on a right angle. Cut in edge to reduce the thickness (see 3rd image). Fold and hammer.
- Measure a further 3cm down the end of the belt and loosely fold. Then cut a triangle from the centre fold (see 3rd image second row).
- Place rod end of toggle clasp poking out the triangular hold you just made. Then hammer fold down. Add chain to the poking out toggle.
- Repeat with the other end of the belt. However this time add clasp instead of chain. And tah dah!!!
Hope you like it!!
- thecoffeeisntstrongenough likes this
- eunoia-of-the-mind reblogged this from silkandleatherlove
- fuckinweasel reblogged this from silkandleatherlove
- eunoia-of-the-mind likes this
- hautevibe likes this
- hyper-happy likes this
- anglovesnoms likes this
- allthedeelightfullthings likes this
- blackwingsoffire likes this
- pintofblood likes this
- flammejumelle likes this
- thejambosalad likes this
- klybly92 likes this
- the-anomaly likes this
- silkandleatherlove posted this