This DIY is seriously easy and seriously hardcore. Forget painting the toes of your heels to fake the metal capped look… actually do it! Metal with last longer, protect your heels and you wont need to touch up any annoying little bits of paint that rub off. Plus metal is 100% rain resistant.
Loving Louis Vuitton capped toe heels… but not the price. I’ve seen a few DIY’s that mimic this look by painting the toe of the heel but this isn’t very practical for me seeing its raining nearly everyday. Even though some people have added Mod Podge or used spray paint to make it waterproof, the paint still scraps off. I needed something that would survive the weather and a night out ;)
What you’ll need:
- A pair of old heel with a pointed toe
- Aluminium flashing
- Metal cutters
- Hot glue gun
- Permanent marker
- Capped toe template
What you’ll need to do:
- Using the permanent marker trace 2 capped toe templates onto the aluminium flashing. And cut both templates out.
- Gently mould the templates around the toes of the heels. Try to bend to aluminium flashing as little as possible to keep it nice and smooth.
- Using the permanent marker mark with a little dot where the metal toe cap reaches on the heel on both sides. Use these dots as a guide when glueing. The next part you’re going to have to be really quick!! Using the hot glue gun apply glue to the toe of the heel and quickly press the metal toe cap in place. Repeat this process with both heels.
Hope you like it!!
- eunoia-of-the-mind reblogged this from silkandleatherlove
- jeanvoilajean likes this
- inthefigtree likes this
- eunoia-of-the-mind likes this
- jennahdee likes this
- hautevibe likes this
- lets-break-the-rules likes this
- thisshitsbangin likes this
- allthedeelightfullthings likes this
- rapunzzl likes this
- thingsneverspoken reblogged this from silkandleatherlove
- erikaslittle likes this
- thejambosalad likes this
- klybly92 likes this
- silkandleatherlove posted this