Today’s DIY is so simple to make and will brighten up any room. I highly suggest giving your work area or bedside table with this simple watercolour artwork.
The inspiration for this DIY is wander lust - the desire to explore the world. What’s more mysterious median than watercolours to evoke the feelings of wonder and exploration when painting a world map?
What you’ll need:
- Watercolour paints
- A3 paper with a thick grain
- Paint brush
- Jar of water
- Picture of the world map (I used one from an Atlas)
What you’ll need to do:
- Lightly trace the image of the world map onto the A3 piece of paper.
- Start painting in little sections. Apply water to the first section, this will help when blending the colours. Begin painting with your lightest selected colour. The blend in the next lightest shade and so on.
- Continue this process with the rest of the map, section be section.
- After all the sections of the map is painted flick droplets onto the paper. Then place large watery droplets of paint randomly on the paper and tip vertically. Lastly using a tissue smudge around the edges of the paper.
Tahhh Dahhh you’re done!!
Hope you like it!
- my-little-nerdy likes this
- kelcjo616 reblogged this from silkandleatherlove
- letsbestupid likes this
- colormylifetime likes this
- takinglikethieves likes this
- just--last likes this
- filmsartandotherthings reblogged this from silkandleatherlove
- lightbrightday reblogged this from silkandleatherlove
- vultuosus likes this
- sh-sh-sh-sha likes this
- oliviathelilybee reblogged this from silkandleatherlove
- whatsherstory likes this
- outttasight likes this
- menivituiksi likes this
- silkandleatherlove posted this